So, I know I cannot possibly be the only Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien fan out there. In fact, I know a lot of people (do not worry, I won’t name you) that deep down inside really love Tolkien’s series as well as The Hobbit. It is okay, really.
I learned an interesting fact a few weeks ago. Coming up in a few days is “Hobbit Day,” known for the initial publishing of Tolkien’s The Hobbit 75 years ago. I believe this is indeed cause for celebration because Tolkien is without a doubt one of my heroes. And, apparently I am not the only one to think so because there is a huge soiree going on right now all over the world, not to mention Peter Jackson and his crew are milking it for all it is worth. But I am not complaining!
So, I thought I would share with other Tolkien or hobbit fans out there all the festivities you can join in to let your inner large, hairy, hobbit-footed self come out and have a truly splendid time.
1. There is an app. Yup, everyone should have seen that one coming. Of course there is a hobbit app! And yes my little halflings, it’s free.
2. You can even try out some Shire-worthy food recipes at http://www.recipesfrommiddleearth.com/
3. And yes, people are even having hobbit parties this Saturday.
4. Check out the new trailer! I personally cannot wait, I feel like it has been awhile since I have looked forward to a movie coming out (and you are welcome Peter Jackson, I have been freely advertising your cause).
In conclusion, I swear I am not insanely nerdy. At least, that is how I justify my excitement over all of this. However, I am not having a party and I am not as excited as this guy-
(But I secretly am probably just jealous)
But honestly, who does not want to spend their days in the Shire and be ignorant to all the evil in the world. Plus, have you seen where they live??
- “I should think so – in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!”- JRR Tolkien, The Hobbit
If anything, I hope you want to read The Hobbit before the movie comes out, it truly is a classic.
**I got all of my information from The Hobbit movie Facebook page, so check it out for more interesting things**